top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

"Do I need a passport"?


Passports are required for all international air travel.

We recommend obtaining a passport for all travel, regardless of requirement, for identification and ease of travel.

"Where can I get a passport and what will I need to apply"?


Passport applications are accepted by mail, at passport agencies/centers and at passport acceptance facilities. Each of these options are tailored to service different types of travelers and passport needs so you'll want to be sure to apply at the appropriate place. Where you obtain your passport will depend on a few factors, including how soon you'll be traveling. If you're in need of guidance on obtaining a passport, please contact us so we may assist you.

"Where can I get passport photos done"?


While photos taken by a friend or family member can be used and submitted, there are strict guidelines for passport photos and doing so runs the risk of your images being rejected. We always suggest using an authorized vendor for passport photos. Vendor systems are program with the requirements for passport photos and the chance of your images being rejected from one of these vendors is extremely small. CVS, UPS, FedEx, and Walgreens are the most widely used passport photo vendors.

"Do I need a passport to travel to or from U.S. territories or Freely Associated States"?


The travel documents you need as a U.S. citizen to travel to or from a U.S. territory or Freely Associated State depend on your destination. 


You DO NOT need a passport to travel between the U.S. and American Samoa, Guam, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana IslandsPuerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands

You DO need a passport to travel between the US and The Federated States of Micronesia, The Republic of the Marshall Islands and The Republic of Palau.

"Do I need a Visa"?


If you are a U.S. citizen planning to travel abroad, you may need a visa to enter a foreign country. While not all countries require visas for American travelers, many do. The requirement of a visa sometimes depends on the length of stay and purpose of travel. If you are booking international travel through us, we will notify you if a visa may be required and assist you with the process. If you haven't yet booked but are curious regarding requirements, please contact us for assistance.

"What can I do to expedite my time going through security at the airport"?


The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) manages the Trusted Traveler Programs. As a pre-approved member, you can use expedited lanes at U.S. airports and when entering the U.S. by land or sea. TSA Precheck is for travelers departing from U.S. airports. Global Entry is for travelers entering the U.S. from international destinations by air, land, or sea. There are also programs for entering the US from Canada and Mexico.

To apply, you will need to pay a fee and provide documents proving your identity. Depending on the program, you may need to complete an interview. If approved, your program membership will last 5 years.


If you're interested in applying for a Trusted Traveler Program, we'd be happy to send you more information. 

"Do I need a passport to go on a cruise"?


Depending on your port-of-call and itinerary, your cruise may require a passport for embarkation. Some itineraries may not require a passport to board your cruise but may be required in certain ports in order to disembark for excursions and/or shopping. Some cruises may not require a passport at all. However, we recommend a valid passport (not expiring within 6 months of travel) for all travel. This is especially so for those visiting other countries, even if they are not required.

"Does my driver's license give me the ability to drive in other countries"?


When visiting another country as a U.S. citizen, your state driver's license is valid while driving in Canada and Mexico. In other countries, you may need to get an International Driving Permit (IDP) for foreign drivers. Please contact us for assistance in learning your destination’s driver’s license rules for visitors and how you can obtain an IDP from AAA.

bottom of page